Your oil filter is important when it comes to keeping your engine safe from harm. You see, much like your air filter and fuel filter, it prevents pollutants from entering your vehicle's systems and creating trouble.
How Your Oil Filter Works
Even the freshest motor oil still contains Impurities left over after the refining process. That motor oil also collects contaminants that have collected in the engine parts. The oil filter strains those pollutants from the motor oil, ensuring that the oil running through the parts is clean and viscous.
Unfortunately, oil filters don't last forever. They'll eventually degrade with age, though it's much likelier that your filter will get clogged up before that can happen. Once your oil filter's no longer able to sieve out the bad stuff, you'll find that your engine is struggling to perform as usual.
How to Spot Oil Filter Problems
Signs of failure include:
- You hear metallic sounds coming from the engine
- There's dirty smoke coming from your exhaust
- Your oil pressure dashboard light comes on
- Your engine performance starts to suffer
Choose Genuine OEM Oil Filters
When you do need to replace your oil filter, you'll want to use the very best for your vehicle. The ones made by your manufacturer are designed specifically to fit your model and its engine. That's important, because it ensures a complete gasket seal and greatly reduces the odds of an oil leak. Our online auto parts department has yours in stock and ready to ship. Buy now and save!
No results found for "oil filter". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!