When you're driving down the road, there are many things than can impair your visibility. Dust and dirt build up on the windshield. Add water to that and things get messy, and quick. Fortunately, your BMW or MINI came with wipers that were installed at the factory.
What Wipers Do
Most people use the term wipers when talking about the metal arms that arc across your windshield. Your vehicle may even have one at the rear window. Their speed is adjustable to match the flow of rain and keep your windshield clear of obstacles and muck.
The thing is, those arms would leave permanent scratches in the glass. That's why your wipers have wiper blades attached to them. These rubberized strips cushion the contact between metal and glass while extending the reach to sweep away more debris.
How to Spot Failing Wipers
Unfortunately, it’s not unheard of for wipers and wiper blades to go bad. Signs of this include:
- Your wipers skip across your windshield
- Your wipers leave streaks on your windshield
- Your wipers make an odd noise when they're in use
- You notice cracked or broken pieces of rubber in the wiper blades
Genuine OEM Wipers Work Best
If you do need to replace your faulty wipers or wiper blades, make sure that you get the right ones for your vehicle. Size is important, as is quality and fit. Your manufacturer makes the only wipers that come with a guaranteed compatibility, and we offer a complete selection of them right here in our online auto parts department. Buy now to enjoy easy shopping and quick delivery to your door!
No results found for "windshield wiper blades, wiper blades". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!